Thursday 5 August 2010

Je suis une synthesiser

Hello world, my name is Helen Harrop and I am a synthesiser. More accurately, I am carrying out the 'Synthesis Liaison' role on the JISC Library Management Systems (#jisclms) programme. I officially started this role two days ago so I'm currently in start up mode and feeling my way around the project website. To help me get my head around the role and the various strands of the programme I drew a diagram:



My role is shown by the chevroned hoop running around the outside. If I had more time and my artistic skills were up to the task then I'd probably have drawn it as a 3d model with lots of connected ribbons weaving to and fro between the strands. This will have to do for the moment but I might try and make something with plasticine and shoelaces at some point in the future. Suffice to say that my role is a kind of serendipity stimulator ... all will become clear in the fullness of time but, for now, this is just a quick post to say 'hello, I have arrived'.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the informal title of "serendpity simulator" and I think your halo hoop is a perfect desccription of what I'm hoping you can do! Good work. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete