Thursday 7 October 2010

Pondering the One Minute Pitches

I've been thinking about the 'One Minute Pitches' that each project was asked to complete following the Glasgow event. Given that I did a (short) Three Minute Pitch at the event it only seems fair that I give the One Minute Pitch a go too.

I felt that Cambridge Uni used imagery very effectively to explain their #CULWIDGETS project in Glasgow so I'm having a go at that approach too:



Just in case you need a hand with the visual metaphors, here's what I think we're aiming to do with our project synthesis liaison work:
- look at things from a different angle and share that view with the programme.
- adjust our lense so that sometimes we're picking up on detail and sometimes the whole picture.
- share any external messages which seem appropriate (however tangentially).
- and, at the risk of getting a bit deep, to 'look through a glass, darkly' across the programme strands and within each project to reveal the gems that you're all unearthing as your projects progress.

I am a big fan of Wordles as a method of getting to the heart of what is being said ... the wordle below was made by taking the text from all the One Minute Pitches that were featured in the Tabbloid in my last post:


It's possibly not an artefact that should be subjected to hours of academic scrutiny and analysis to distil its hidden depths but the things that stand out at first glance are interesting - I'm taking it as a good sign that 'students' feature so prominently, given the user centred nature of the programme

No comments:

Post a Comment